Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grateful for Delta Zeta




Ten years. A decade. Longer than two presidential terms. I was initiated into Delta Zeta ten years ago. When I think about the past ten years, it’s funny how much my life and my understanding of Delta Zeta has changed. When I was first initiated, although I had heard that membership was for a lifetime, I don’t think I truly understood what that meant. I thought of Delta Zeta as an extracurricular activity, a social outlet, a place to meet friends, a place to get involved and try out leadership positions. And it was all of that. But now it is so much more and for that I am grateful.

I am grateful for the friendships I have developed for they are more than friendships. I am grateful for the leadership opportunities and the skills that I have been able to develop through my various officer positions; skills that I use each day at work. I appreciate the women who have encouraged me in both personal and professional pursuits, but especially for the women who have challenged me and taught me to listen to differing perspectives.  I am grateful for the opportunity to give back, through both volunteer positions and involvement with the Delta Zeta Foundation. I am thankful for all the dinners, football games, spontaneous movie nights and conversations over late night snacks that I have shared with my sisters. I am grateful every day for the network of outstanding women of which I am a part. I am grateful for Delta Zeta.

As our sisters in the United States prepare in the coming week for Thanksgiving, please share with us what you are thankful for in Delta Zeta. A sister? An advisor? A favorite memory? An opportunity? Please share with us via Facebook, Twitter or email at webmaster@dzshq.com. If you have a photo to accompany your thought, please share as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment