Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A New Year, A New Plan, A New Chapter


Guest Blogger – Ashley Patton Anderson, National Recruitment Chairman

A Special Message for Vice Presidents of Membership

I absolutely love this time of year!  Finally, a time for New Years resolutions and a chance to wipe the slate clean from the year before. It’s almost like when you were a kid playing games with your friends and you could count on there being a “do over”.

So why do I love New Years so much?  After much thought I came to the conclusion that I love it because it’s a time to take stock of where I am in my life. I always ask myself “what did I do well in the past year and what do I want to change in the New Year?” I take time and reflect on my current goals and then work on setting some new, fresh goals. Some of my goals and plans stay the same while some parts change.

Now you might ask yourself: what does this have to do with my chapter and my role as the VP of Membership?

When you consider areas of improvement, what goals are you setting for your chapter? What goals are your fellow sisters setting with regards to recruitment? What about yourself? Maybe you recognize that you need to improve your listening skills. The Membership Manual has great information about improving many of the communication skills you use every day and especially during recruitment.


When the Recruitment Committee published the new manuals last year we also included a road map of how to develop a year-long marketing strategy for your chapter. Part of developing this plan is to evaluate your chapter’s marketing and public relations plan. Take a look at what your chapter does well and identify areas in which your chapter can improve. You should work with your chapter, your CCD, and your RCD to develop this plan.


The new membership manual is full of great ideas to help you in your role as VP of Membership. Be sure to take a look at the manual and get started on your 2012 Membership goals today!

 Best of luck with your existing and new goals for 2012…what an exciting time in Delta Zeta!  




No comments:

Post a Comment